On Tuesday 05 January 2016 14:34:38 lee wrote:
> Peter Humphrey <pe...@prh.myzen.co.uk> writes:
> > On Tuesday 05 January 2016 04:26:20 Dale wrote:
> >> Howdy,
> >>
> >> I was going to try out some of the KDE5 stuff just to see if I'm going
> >> to like it or not.  Anyway, I added a BUNCH of stuff to a keywords file
> >> related to KDE and got past that part.  I think I got them all.  Now I
> >
> >> get this:
> > --->8
> >
> > I was afraid to mess up my KDE4 system with KDE5 in some sort of
> > parallel
> > fashion, so I found some spare disk space and installed KDE5 into it,
> > using the kde overlay and the .../desktop/plasma profile. It's much
> > easier to
> How did you manage to install that?  I tried it yesterday (without the
> overlays) and found it impossible to resolve the dependency problems, so
> I ended up installing the 'normal' kde (I'm running out of time).  I'd
> rather switch that over to plasma from the beginning.

I found I needed the overlay. It greatly simplifies the dependencies. It
still isn't perfect, as changes occur during development, but it's definitely
well worth having.

Here's my current package.keywords:

~kde-frameworks/attica-5.17.0
~kde-frameworks/extra-cmake-modules-5.17.0
~kde-frameworks/kactivities-5.17.0
~kde-frameworks/karchive-5.17.0
~kde-frameworks/kauth-5.17.0
~kde-frameworks/kbookmarks-5.17.0
~kde-frameworks/kcmutils-5.17.0
~kde-frameworks/kcodecs-5.17.0
~kde-frameworks/kcompletion-5.17.0
~kde-frameworks/kconfig-5.17.0
~kde-frameworks/kconfigwidgets-5.17.0
~kde-frameworks/kcoreaddons-5.17.0
~kde-frameworks/kcrash-5.17.0
~kde-frameworks/kdbusaddons-5.17.0
~kde-frameworks/kdeclarative-5.17.0
~kde-frameworks/kded-5.17.0
~kde-frameworks/kdelibs4support-5.17.0
~kde-frameworks/kdesignerplugin-5.17.0
~kde-frameworks/kdoctools-5.17.0
~kde-frameworks/kemoticons-5.17.0
~kde-frameworks/kglobalaccel-5.17.0
~kde-frameworks/kguiaddons-5.17.0
~kde-frameworks/ki18n-5.17.0
~kde-frameworks/kiconthemes-5.17.0
~kde-frameworks/kinit-5.17.0
~kde-frameworks/kio-5.17.0
~kde-frameworks/kitemmodels-5.17.0
~kde-frameworks/kitemviews-5.17.0
~kde-frameworks/kjobwidgets-5.17.0
~kde-frameworks/knewstuff-5.17.0
~kde-frameworks/knotifications-5.17.0
~kde-frameworks/kpackage-5.17.0
~kde-frameworks/kparts-5.17.0
=kde-frameworks/plasma-5.17.0-r2
~kde-frameworks/kross-5.17.0
~kde-frameworks/krunner-5.17.0
~kde-frameworks/kservice-5.17.0
~kde-frameworks/ktextwidgets-5.17.0
~kde-frameworks/kunitconversion-5.17.0
~kde-frameworks/kwallet-5.17.0
~kde-frameworks/kwidgetsaddons-5.17.0
~kde-frameworks/kwindowsystem-5.17.0
~kde-frameworks/kxmlgui-5.17.0
~kde-frameworks/solid-5.17.0
~kde-frameworks/sonnet-5.17.0
~kde-frameworks/threadweaver-5.17.0

I've no doubt that after the next overlay update I'll have to add or remove
some things.

Oh, and eix-update of the overlay takes huge lengths of time, so I do it
less often than on my main system.

--
Rgds
Peter