>> On Fri, 8 January 2016, at 12:32 a.m., gevisz <gev...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Just of curiosity compiled gtypist with nls use flag.
>> Now it accepts ru.typ! But it is a bug because nls flag
>> is supposed to only switch on the translation of the
>> corresponding menu and help messages. So, it should
>> accept ru.typ even if compiled without the nls use flag!
>
> I'm glad you're sorted. You should let the gtypist devs know of this bug.
>
> Stroller.

Thank you for your help!

However, before turning to the gtypist devs, I should clarify one more,
may be stupid, question, namely: "Who is responsible for the correct
`functioning' of the use flags?" Because I always thought that the use
flags are a unique feature of the Gentoo distribution (and therefore, it
is the the Gentoo devs who are responsible for them) but your advice
above implies that it is not true.