On 02/02/2016 02:50 PM, Grant wrote:

>> Bummer.  FYI guys, Amazon Workspaces, Amazon Appstream, and Microsoft
>> Azure RemoteApp kinda work the way I've described but they all have
>> limitations which exclude them from working for me in this case.  It
>> looks like I'll be admin'ing another remote Gentoo system for this.
>>

> Do any cloud VM providers have Gentoo as an OS option?  If not, is there a
> good one that lets you install your own OS?
>
> BTW since Java is a VM I'm surprised there is no service that lets you just
> upload a Java app and run it remotely on the service without any OS
> management.  Am I missing anything there?
>
> - Grant

linode.com and kimsufi.com lets you install gentoo. There might be many
more.

You might want to look into something like cfengine, puppet or chef to
lessen your workload of running multiple machines.

I've used linode for a couple years and its never been any problem, I do
see that I'm probably paying for more than I need, but that's another story.