On Mon, 8 Feb 2016 01:57:52 +0800, Andrew Lowe wrote:

>       That's what I've come to the conclusion I'm going to need to
> do. This "semantic desktop", for me, is a pile of rubbish. I don't need
> it and don't want it, but the people at KDE apparently know better my
> needs than I do

Is that why they provided you with an option to turn it off?

Bear in mind that the vast majority of KDE users install from distro
packages, so the idea of picking which facilities are installed is
irrelevant, only the idea of controlling what is used.

--
Neil Bothwick

GOTO: (n.) an efficient and general way of controlling a program, much
despised by academics and others whose brains have been ruined by
overexposure to Pascal.