On Tue, 23 Feb 2016 07:54:57 +0200, gevisz wrote:

> During an update of my Gentoo box yesterday,
> the subtitleeditor failed to compile.
>
> Then, I uninstalled it, updated the rest of the
> system and tried to install the subtitleeditor anew.
>
> As a result, its compilation failed even more graciously.

I don't have an answer to the build issue, but you don't need to
uninstall a package to get a world update to complete. Either use
--keep-going, which will carry on after a package fails, or use --exclude
to avoid updating that package in the first place.

--
Neil Bothwick

If at first you do succeed, try to hide your astonishment.