В письме от 1 марта 2016 22:19:23 пользователь Jeremi
wrote:
> > upgrading packeges all libs from /usr/lib64/vdpau
got
> > deleted, except for libvdpau_trace.so. So I still
didn't

wrote:
> > Searching for VDPAU support on an Intel i695 GPU ...
"libvdpau-va-gl" is
> > required.
> > That library may not be in the Gentoo Repository.
>
> It's part of the x11 overlay in layman
>
>     layman --add x11
>
> Let's clear this up: vdpau and vaapi are two APIs for
hardware video
> acceleration. The package x11-libs/libvdpau-va-gl
implements the VDPAU api
> using VAAPI+OPENGL library calls, the package x11-
libs/libva-vdpau-driver
> implements the VAAPI api using VDPAU library calls. So
these two are
> effectively opposites. I was once wondering if it
would be possible to
> bring these two to recurse...
>
> But let's get back on topic: VAAPI is pretty much only
implemented on
> intel cards, and only on newer ones supported by the
i965 driver. So you
> will definitely need VIDEO_CARDS="i965 intel" set.
>
> Next you need to install x11-libs/libva which will
also pull in
> x11-libs/libva-intel-driver. Check with vainfo that
this works.

> After that you can install x11-libs/libvdpau-va-gl and
x11-misc/vdpauinfo.
> You also need to have the environment variable
VDPAU_DRIVER=va_gl set
> somewhere. Drop this in /etc/profile.d/vdpau.sh:
>
>     export VDPAU_DRIVER=va_gl
>
> Do the usual env-update && source /etc/profile, and
then check with
> vdpauinfo that everything works.
>
> Now you can build all the packages you need with the
vdpau USE flag.

Hi, I only now managed to follow  your tips and it
finally work now. Thanks guys! Just to make clear for
others with such problem, the only one package that
wasn't on my system - libvdpau-va-gl - is placed in
overlay x11.