Hi!

I'm running into problems combining network device hotplugging and udev
network device renaming rules.

Everything on its own works well:

- I have a udev rule in /etc/udev/rules.d/... telling udev to rename an
  ethernet device based on its MAC address from say eth_old to eth_new.
  When I plug the device in its name it correctly changed by udev.

- I have

        rc_hotplug="net.eth_old !net.*"

  in /etc/rc.conf. When I plug in the device it is automatically started
  and the dhcpcd client runs for it.

When I combine both by using

        rc_hotplug="net.eth_new !net.*"

then the device is renamed but no hotplugging occurs. When I use

        rc_hotplug="net.eth_old !net.*"

then OpenRC tries to start up eth_old but fails to do so, because it has
already been renamed to eth_new.

Am I missing something here? Any help?

Regards

Matthias

--
Matthias Gerstner, Dipl.-Wirtsch.-Inf. (FH)
Entwicklung

NCP engineering GmbH
Dombühler Straße 2, D-90449, Nürnberg
Geschäftsführer Peter Söll, HRB-Nr: 77 86 Nürnberg

Telefon: +49 911 9968-153, Fax: +49 911 9968-229
E-Mail: matthias.gerst...@ncp-e.com
Internet: http://www.ncp-e.com