Hi gentoo-users,

A few days ago I updated linux kernel to 4.5.1. Yesterday I got a disk space overflow in my /home partition. Cleaned it up and rebooted, just to run into the same issue today morning. Investigations revealed that the `.xsessions-errors` had grown to tremendous 100G full of messages like:

AL lib: (EE) ALCplaybackAlsa_mixerProc: start failed: File descriptor in a bad state

It is - *50G per DAY!*

Thinking about a possible cause and bearing in mind I've not updated ALSA recently rather than the kernel, I went to the kernel's changelog and found that version 4.5.2 fixes several ALSA-related bugs. I upgraded immediately and got rid of the error.

So I advise everyone not to install the 4.5.1 kernel and suggest removing it from portage ASAP. If anyone knows how I could submit such a request, I'm all ears.

Thanks for your attention!

--
Regards,
Yuri K. Shatroff