Hi,

WARNING! I AM __VERY__ NEW TO ARDUINO!  :)

For a little project I need to program an Arduino board.
Since all needed lib/scatched/script - or whatever it
is called in case of the Arduino - are already implemented
by someone else I will not reinvent the wheel a second time :)

Therefore I need the Arduino IDE.

Here http://playground.arduino.cc/Linux/Gentoo I found
some instructions, how to install it on GENTOO (I am on
a 64 bit AMD machine...)

But I found this:
| 64-bit users:
| librxtx is reported to cause some problems on gentoo linux because of an
overflow,
| causing the IDE to fail. This problem is noted at rxtx here. Please go here
for fixed binaries.

Above, "here" is a link ... which cannot be resolved.

Furthermore:
| Installing the Basics:
| First you need to log in as the superuser and install some necessary packages:
| emerge -avq sun-jre-bin crossdev

but
    eix sun-jre-bin
says "not found".

So I /think/ this page is a little outdated...?

An

    eix arduino

gives two matches:

* dev-embedded/arduino
     Available versions:  1.0.5-r1^bs {doc examples ELIBC="FreeBSD"}
     Homepage:            http://arduino.cc/ https://arduino.googlecode.com/

* dev-ros/rosserial_arduino
     Available versions:  ~0.7.1 **9999 {test PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7"
ROS_MESSAGES="+cxx eus lisp +python"}
     Homepage:            http://wiki.ros.org/rosserial_arduino
Arduino/AVR Platforms

If the first one is the IDE it is outdated.
The current version is 1.6.8.

The second match seems not to be relevant in my case.

Question:
What software do I need for programming an Arduino board "the arduino
way to do it" -- preverable installing it "the GENTOO way to do it"
(read: I like sources and compilations, I dont like bin blobs from
unknown sources that much...)

Thank you very much for any help in advance!
Have a nice weekend! :)
Best regards,
Meino