Hi,

is there a way to reasonably use two graphics cards with a single
display?

SLI won't work because it's retarded in requiring the GPUs to be the
same, which they aren't --- not to mention that the cards would be too
far away from each other in the slots for a bridge to fit.

So what I'm thinking of is like using one card as a default and being
able to use the other one to play a video in some window on the same
display, preferably managed by the same fvwm, with the window optionally
being fullscreen in size.  I'd like to do that because the card I have
isn't powerful enough to play a video while an open gl application is
running at the same time.

I'll probably get a better card once prices come down a bit, but it
might have the same problem, and why would I want to waste an otherwise
perfectly good graphics card.