> On Wed, Jul 6, 2016 at 10:31 AM, Mike Gilbert <flop...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> >> Hello list,
> >>
> >> Can anyone tell me why we have two USE flags for the same thing?
> >> Geoloc and geolocation both switch on geolocation but in different
> >> packages.

  Would you believe 4 flags?  geolocation/geoip/geoipv2/geoloc

On Wed, Jul 06, 2016 at 11:05:54AM -0400, Rich Freeman wrote
> Just to add one note, this happens fairly often, and when people
> notice we generally fix it.  New USE flags pop up all the time,
> because new ideas in software come up all the time...

[i3][waltdnes][~] grep ":geoi\|:geol" /usr/portage/profiles/use.local.desc

dev-qt/qtwebengine:geolocation - Enable physical position determination via
dev-qt/qtpositioning
dev-qt/qtwebkit:geolocation - Enable physical position determination via
dev-qt/qtpositioning
kde-plasma/plasma-workspace:geolocation - Enables dataengine providing location
information
media-gfx/kphotoalbum:geolocation - Add support for kde-apps/marble
net-analyzer/bro:geoip - Enable support for Maxmind's GeoIP library
net-analyzer/pmacct:geoipv2 - Add support for GeoIP2 through
dev-libs/libmaxminddb
net-im/empathy:geoloc - Enable geolocation support through app-misc/geoclue
net-irc/inspircd:geoip - Add geoip support for country and city lookup based on
IPs
net-libs/webkit-gtk:geoloc - Enable geolocation support through app-misc/geoclue
www-apache/mod_security:geoip - Configure ModSecurity to query the GeoIP
database from MaxMind, provided by dev-libs/geoip. This flag only controls the
default configuration, as the GeoIP query code is part of ModSecurity's source
code.

  Maybe they should be consolidated into one global flag, and moved out
of use.local.desc into use.desc.

--
Walter Dnes <waltd...@waltdnes.org>