On Mon, Aug 8, 2016 at 7:56 AM, Neil Bothwick <n...@digimed.co.uk> wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Aug 2016 15:40:45 +0500, Azamat Hackimov wrote:
>>
>> You know, this is very unusual configuration. I don't even can imagine
>> why you need both of them.
>>
>> In order to resolve mutual block, you need to remove "!mail-mta/postfix"
>> and "!mail-mta/exim" strings from RDEPEND in both packages. Don't
>> forget to place modified ebuilds to local overlay.
>
> That's not enough. Both ebuilds install sendmail, so you'll also have to
> deal with file collisions, or modify one of the ebuild to not install
> sendmail. The latter is probably the better option.

On RHEL, if you co-install sendmail and postfix (exim isn't in the
regular repo; it must be in EPEL since it's in Fedora), /sbin/sendmail
is a symlink to /etc/alternatives/mta and /etc/alternatives/mta is a
symlink to /sbin/sendmail.sendmail or /sbin/sendmail.postfix, with a
similar setup for the sendmail man page. But their startup
scripts/units conflict and have to be modified to be co-runnable.