On 08/10/2016 10:48 AM, Peter Humphrey wrote:
On Wednesday 10 Aug 2016 08:27:53 james wrote:

Any hints on using this net-misc/openntpd ?

No, but have you thought of using chrony instead? It's served me well for
many years and I don't get any impression of bloat. That's just an informal
opinion; I haven't looked into it closely.

I may look into that later. Right now, I just need something easy and lightweight, that works across system, VM, containers and embedded systems. Openntp seems to be fine for that. I may look at chrony at a later date, if openntp fails for unknown reasons. It is pretty small
and quite simple, so it does meet my needs, atm.

Later on, I may need to test a variety of ntp daemons against musl and maybe some other glibc replacements, but not now.

thx,
James