Hello list,

Has anyone managed to install a customised (or even standard) SysRescCd
image onto a USB stick so that it will boot in UEFI mode? I wanted to use
the following partition layout:

(parted) print
Model: SanDisk Ultra Fit (scsi)
Disk /dev/sda: 59232MiB
Sector size (logical/physical): 512B/512B
Partition Table: gpt
Disk Flags:

Number  Start     End       Size      File system     Name       Flags
 1      1.00MiB   128MiB    127MiB                    BOOTLDR    bios_grub
 2      128MiB    2048MiB   1920MiB   fat32           boot       boot, esp
 3      2048MiB   4096MiB   2048MiB   linux-swap(v1)  SWAP
 4      4096MiB   16384MiB  12288MiB  ext2            sysrescue
 5      16384MiB  24576MiB  8192MiB   ext2            home

I followed the procedures at https://www.system-rescue-cd.org and thought I
was getting on all right until it came to re-creating the squashfs with
        /usr/sbin/sysresccd-custom squashfs
Then I got huge numbers of input-output read errors. So I tried it with
2>/dev/null; it got up to 10% completion and a couple of hundred megabytes
in sysrccd.dat, then sat in a loop for ever whirling its little spinner.

I thought I'd ask here before trying the forum because of the density of
experts here.  ;-)

Omitting the customisation and just copying all the files into place on
/dev/sda4 (root, ext4 with no journal) and /dev/sda2 (boot, vfat) but
although the "BIOS" saw it was there, when I tried to run it I was dumped to
a grub shell. I don't know grub well so I couldn't proceed.

If anyone can point me in the right direction I'll be grateful. Ta.

--
Rgds
Peter