On September 29, 2016 9:47:27 PM GMT+02:00, Grant <emailgr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>I was watching cbm on one of my machines and it showed a lot more
>traffic going in and out over lo than over both of the two real
>interfaces.  Is that normal?  One of those two real interfaces is
>completely unused and shows zeros in cbm all the time.
>
>- Grant

Yes, I would consider this normal.

What is running on that machine?

'lo' is used for all traffic between localhost and localhost.

IOW, all internal communications, like apache talking to the database if both
running on the same host.
Or postfix to amavis to postfix before mail gets delivered.

--
Joost