161004 Todd Goodman wrote:
> * Philip Webb <purs...@ca.inter.net> [161003 20:04]:
>>     there is also  /etc/conf.d/hostname ,
>>      wh belongs to Openrc & contains 'hostname="localhost"'.
> recently a change -- to OpenRC, I believe -- requires the line
> in  /etc/conf.d/hostname  to have the environment variable capitalized.
> In your example it needs "HOSTNAME=localhost" and not "hostname=localhost".
> I had one fairly recently installed server run into this problem
> I run ~amd64

Well here, I updated to the latest testing Openrc-0.22.1 on Sunday
& it recreated that file with 'hostname' lowercase (smile)
(as you will have noticed, your quotes above are a typo).
Everything is now working as it should.

SUPPORT     ___________//___,   Philip Webb
ELECTRIC   /] [] [] [] [] []|   Cities Centre, University of Toronto
TRANSIT    `-O----------O---'   purslowatchassdotutorontodotca