On Thu, Nov 17, 2016 at 08:49:57PM +0000, Jorge Almeida wrote:

> >> I tried Pale Moon once, but I think it had the same problem as Firefox
> >> regarding cpu use, namely with youtube.
> >
> > That’s one reason why I had never used video sites in the past and now as
> > soon as I found out about youtube-dl. Unlike its name suggests, it supports
> > dozens of video sites.
> > Not only allows me that to play the video using my favourite video player,
> > but also to play at higher speeds -- all of that at minimal system load.
> > (Not to mention being able to achive videos I’d like to keep).

> Good hint. Still, some of the suggestions from youtube are useful, and
> I suppose I would loose that.

I typed a little quickly and distractedly. I do still »use« the video
sites. Just I never use their player. ^^
It’s become automatic:
- press y in Firefox (vim addon’s hotkey to copy current URL)
- switch to terminal, press ",y " and insert url (",y" being my bash alias
  for youtube-dl)
- wait a moment or open a second terminal and watch the video while it’s
  still being downloaded. Try that, Windows. :D

Hm.. maybe I should try Palemoon, too. I’m keeping Firefox on version
49 because my beloved vim addon is not signed. I can’t live^wbrowse without
it.
--
Gruß | Greetings | Qapla’
Please do not share anything from, with or about me on any social network.

Tea?  No, thanks. I am an atheist.