On Tue Nov 29 08:35:53 2016, meino.cra...@gmx.de wrote:
> Hi Alarig,
>
> thanks for your help! :)
>
> yes...I know...but this implies (as far as I know):
> Copying the url from FF as argument to youtube-dl,
> downloading the file, and than watching it.
> This was my (painful) workaround the last days.
>
> I woyld like something like:
> Click on youtube-url, a window (console) pops up
> and starts <fill in something> to watch the video
> directly.
>
> Is it possible somehow?
>
> Thanks in advance for any help!

I don’t know if it possible to automatically pop up a console, but you
can stream directly from mpv. But their is a youtube-dl hook for this,
so you need to emerge it before.

alarig@pikachu ~ % mpv https://www.youtube.com/watch\?v\=A_LxJWHnjSI

Warning: mpv was compiled against a different version of ffmpeg than the shared
library it is linked against. This can expose subtle ABI compatibility issues
and can lead to misbehavior and crashes.
Playing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_LxJWHnjSI
 (+) Video --vid=1 (vp8)
 (+) Audio --aid=1 (*) (vorbis)
[vo/opengl/x11] X11 error: GLXBadFBConfig
[vo/opengl] Could not create GL3 context. Retrying with legacy context.
AO: [alsa] 48000Hz stereo 2ch float
VO: [opengl] 480x270 yuv420p
AV: 00:00:03 / 00:02:33 (2%) A-V: -0.000 Cache: 10s+285KB

Exiting... (Quit)

But the best is to run away from google ;)

--
alarig