On Wednesday, November 30, 2016 10:43:13 AM J. Roeleveld wrote:
> On Tuesday, November 29, 2016 11:18:36 PM k...@aspodata.se wrote:
> > Michael Mol:
> >
> > > xsane would have let me do it during the scan process if I'd thought of
> > > it
> > > then, but the scans are done, drives aren't there any more. Something

> > If xsane solves your need why don't you just print your scans so xsane
> > can do its job ?
>
> There has to be a way to do this without killing an entire forest...

And big chunks of ink cartridges. The scans stretched the contrast so I can
clearly read the drive labels through the translucent anti-static bags, which
means a huge chunk of the image (what's outside the labels) is pure black.

Which I could get around by spending fifteen minutes munging things in the Gimp
before printing, but at that point, I may as well just transcribe things
manually at that point.

Looking for something reasonably simple to improve the general workflow. I'd
have hoped something would have already been available on Linux; it'd be easy
enough to copy the scans to my phone and feed them through Google Goggles for
the desired output, but then I'm deliberately filtering company data through an
outside entity.

--
:wq