Holly Bostick wrote:

Hans-Werner Hilse schreef:
Hi,

On Wed, 05 Oct 2005 02:48:13 +0200
Matthias Langer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

By accident i recognized that the link /usr/X11R6/ conatains itself - leading to an infinite recursion, as hinted in the subject of this message ...
Does it really contain _itself_? I think this would be wrong. Instead,
it should point to /usr, i.e. the directory containing the sym link.
Reading the subject of your mail, I guess that's the case for you, too.
But above you said otherwise ("pointing to itself")...

On my box, the X11R6 symlink in /usr points to /usr (recursive, thus,
like the 'boot' symlink in /boot).

Interesting. On mine, /usr/X11R6 is a directory, that contains a symlink /usr/X11R6/X11R6 which points to /usr. I suspect this is probably the same as the OP. I guess I need to take a close look at baselayout to see how I got into this mess.

Cheers,
Richard