Hello,

Until a few months ago I had VirtualBox bridged networking working fine
on my netbook with no ethernet port. When I would start a VM it
automatically created a virtual wired connection. I never payed
attention to the details but the NetworkManager would switch to the
"wired" icon and a connection called "Wired Connection 1" or something
of that sort was activated.

Then a few months ago it stopped working. Everything seems fine but the
guests (same for Linux, Windows, and Solaris guests) just can't get an
address from DHCP. Now I'm setting up a new laptop and I'm having the
exact same problem except this one also has an ethernet port and it
works just fine. I tried all the promiscuous mode and adapter type
settings, nothing works.

--

Fernando Rodriguez