On 2016-12-11 8:27 PM, J. Roeleveld wrote:
On December 11, 2016 11:57:07 PM GMT+01:00, Daniel Frey <djqf...@gmail.com>
wrote:
On 2016-12-11 10:06 AM, siefke_lis...@web.de wrote:
On Sat, 10 Dec 2016 16:45:46 -0700
Alec Ten Harmsel <a...@alectenharmsel.com> wrote:

I'm on this thread a little late, but does CUPS not work? Every
printer
I've set up on a linux box (only a handful, to be fair) has worked
out
of the box without extra drivers.
I have try now. With generic driver I play but they give only out
blank
pages. No text. I have now try with older hp and hplip it work. So I
think I will buy a HP Device. I write to Brother Support and ask for
native 64 support and which printer/scanner/fax combi but no answer.

Silvio
I have an HP printer and hplip doesn't work with it, so beware...

Dan
Dan,

Which HP printer do you have? I have used several in the past and never had
issues with them.

One tip though, independent of brand, ink based printers may sound cheap, but I
find the ink dries up long before they are supposed to be empty. Never had that
problem with laser printers.

--
Joost
It's a Laserjet CP1025nw. I fought with hplip for a day or two, hplip recognized the printer but wouldn't install it properly. Even using kdesu or similar it would say it installed properly but nothing would print from it. I eventually found foo2zjs, which works fine with it.

Dan