Wolfgang Mueller <v...@vehk.de> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 04, 2017 at 16:32:02 +0100, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> > If you think about replacing "man" by "mandoc", please keep in mind that
> > "mandoc" displays many of the man pages incorrectly.
> >
> > This is caused by the fact that tables are not correctly understood by
> > mandoc.
>
> Could you give me some example man pages for this? All tables I have
> found so far (about one or two, since I don't know exactly where to
> look) display correctly for me in mandoc. In any case, I was not aware
> of this, so thanks for mentioning.

Some time ago, I did an automated 100% test with all Solaris man pages:

https://sourceforge.net/p/schillix-on/schillix-on/ci/default/tree/usr/src/man/

and mandoc failed miserably with nearly all of the man pages.

I do no longer remember what triggered the problem. Very simple tables are
working.

Jörg

--
 EMail:jo...@schily.net                    (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin