On 01/28/2017 10:30 PM, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
> On 01/28/2017 09:57 PM, Jochen Kirchner wrote:
>> while playing a mix on mixcloud.com the sound suddenly switched to rear
>> speakers again :(
>>
>> Strange thing is:
>>
>> When I lower the volume from the front speaker on the device
>> "pulseaudio" the rear speakers gets quiet.
>>
>> And when I lower the volume from the front speaker on the device "Xonar"
>> the front speakers get quiet.
>>
>> So I guess something IS wrong here :/
>
> emerge media-sound/pavucontrol and run it. Check if the PA settings
> are correct in the "configuration" tab.
>
> Also, did you make sure you're using the virtuoso kernel driver and
> NOT the oxygen one?

Analog Surround 5.1 + Analog Stereo Input is selected in the
configuration tab in pavucontrol

Front left+right speaker volume is shown on firefox (CubebUtils:
audiostream) under the playback tab
But the sound is coming from the rear speakers.

Another strange thing: If I start Diablo 3 with wine and select stereo
in the audio settings of Diablo, the sound is coming through the front
speakers... wtf :)

This is my kernel sound config:

zcat /proc/config.gz | grep SND_ | grep -v "not set"
CONFIG_SND_TIMER=y
CONFIG_SND_PCM=y
CONFIG_SND_HWDEP=y
CONFIG_SND_RAWMIDI=y
CONFIG_SND_JACK=y
CONFIG_SND_SEQUENCER=y
CONFIG_SND_SEQ_DUMMY=y
CONFIG_SND_OSSEMUL=y
CONFIG_SND_MIXER_OSS=y
CONFIG_SND_PCM_OSS=y
CONFIG_SND_PCM_OSS_PLUGINS=y
CONFIG_SND_PCM_TIMER=y
CONFIG_SND_SEQUENCER_OSS=y
CONFIG_SND_HRTIMER=y
CONFIG_SND_SEQ_HRTIMER_DEFAULT=y
CONFIG_SND_SUPPORT_OLD_API=y
CONFIG_SND_PROC_FS=y
CONFIG_SND_VERBOSE_PROCFS=y
CONFIG_SND_VERBOSE_PRINTK=y
CONFIG_SND_VMASTER=y
CONFIG_SND_DMA_SGBUF=y
CONFIG_SND_RAWMIDI_SEQ=y
CONFIG_SND_MPU401_UART=y
CONFIG_SND_DRIVERS=y
CONFIG_SND_PCI=y
CONFIG_SND_OXYGEN_LIB=y
CONFIG_SND_VIRTUOSO=y
CONFIG_SND_HDA=y
CONFIG_SND_HDA_INTEL=y
CONFIG_SND_HDA_HWDEP=y
CONFIG_SND_HDA_POWER_SAVE_DEFAULT=0
CONFIG_SND_HDA_CORE=y
CONFIG_SND_HDA_PREALLOC_SIZE=2048
CONFIG_SND_USB=y
CONFIG_SND_USB_AUDIO=y

Currently I'm rebuilding the kernel without "HD-Audio" and the old alsa
API. I will report back.