meino.cra...@gmx.de wrote:
> Dale <rdalek1...@gmail.com> [17-01-29 09:44]:
>>
>> I started not to mention that but when trying to help, sometimes you
>> just have to post anything you even think might help, even if it sounds
>> bat guano crazy.  lol
>>
>> It is odd that it does that way.  I guess it would be safe to assume
>> that everything in /etc/portage behaves that way.  I recall playing with
>> using sets a good while back, I had to move the files to /root or
>> something to make sure they wouldn't get read if I didn't want them
>> included.  Live and learn I guess.
>>
>> Glad it got you going.
>>
>> Dale
>>
>> :-)  :-)
>>
> :) "bat guano crazy" ... I add that to my dictionary...BEST! (I am
> no native speaker).
>
> Do I need to add anything else to get the full funtionality ?
> I read on the internet about GLSA and news will be not sent/synced when using
> git...
> but I couldn't determine the date of that post, so it may be something
> from the transistion times...
>
> What's about that?
>
> Cheers
> Meino

Honestly, I don't use git yet.  I may switch to it eventually tho.  I
just googled and searched the wiki and all to see if I could help, and
learn something as well.  You may want to look at this.

https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Portage/Sync#Changes

It should scroll down to the important part but you may want to give the
whole page a read.  You may find something else interesting.

Some days, I miss the old way of having docs.  :/

Dale

:-)  :-)