On Wed, Feb 1, 2017 at 10:43 AM, Daniel Frey <djqf...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 02/01/2017 05:57 AM, Tom H wrote:
>> On Wed, Feb 1, 2017 at 2:16 AM, Daniel Frey <djqf...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Does anyone know how to stop journald from writing errors all over
>>> my terminal?
>>>
>>> I've never seen this before. The error message shows up in dmesg as
>>> it's supposed to but it also writes it whereever the cursor happens
>>> to be which is extremely frustating.
>>
>> $ cat /etc/sysctl.d/90-kernel-printk.conf
>> kernel.printk = 3 4 1 3
>> $
>
> Thanks, I've never seen that before. I wonder why it started on my new
> installation?

You're welcome.

If this is new to you, then my tip might not be useful because I've
been using it with systemd since first using it on Fedora 15.

You mentioned "ForwardToWall=no" and "ForwardToConsole=no" in
"/etc/systemd/journald.conf" in your initial email but it's not
journald that's spamming the console, it's systemd. The default log
level in "/etc/systemd/system.conf" is set to "info" so it's the
kernel's "console_loglevel" that determines which systemd messages are
printed to the console.