Hi,

I did not find this by Google. Maybe I asked the wrong
terms.

The package "virtualbox-modules" contains some kernel
modules. When I built the package they landed in the
directory

  # equery f app-emulation/virtualbox-modules

  /lib/modules/4.4.39-gentoo/misc/vboxdrv.ko
  /lib/modules/4.4.39-gentoo/misc/vboxnetadp.ko

After a kernel update the VirtualBox won't find them any
more and do not expect that at all.

I could delete the package and build-install it again, but
then the old kernels modules would disappear. I just want
to install the new ones.

I could do a sequence of "ebuild" commands. Is there a
front end "emerge" command, too? Something like the -U flag?

Thanks in advance.

Bertram

--
Bertram Scharpf