On 03/18/2017 09:36 AM, Alan Mackenzie wrote:
> Hello, Gentoo.
>
> I've just bought myself a Samsung NVMe 960 EVO M.2 SSD.  (Do I get a
> prize for the number of inscruitable abbreviations in a row? ;-)  The
> idea is, this will form a core part of my new machine, just as soon as
> AMD Ryzen motherboards start being reasonably available.

I recently bought a ThinkPad P70 (it has two m.2 nvme ports.) I have a
960 EVO, decided to order the WD Black 250G nvme for Windoze so they
have their separate space.

The WD Black is supposed to be slower than the EVO but I don't use
Windows all that often anymore. The price was quite a bit cheaper than
the EVO.

I did install the EVO and the kernel I compiled already had support, so
I didn't have to do anything special. It did see it no problem, I think
I went to partition it but stopped - I am still waiting for the other
one to arrive so I can reconfigure my laptop and fiddle with them a bit.

Dan