Am Thu, 16 Mar 2017 18:11:33 -0600
schrieb the...@sys-concept.com:

> On 03/16/2017 12:51 PM, Alan McKinnon wrote:
> > On 16/03/2017 20:04, the...@sys-concept.com wrote:
> >> I compiled as module: it87
> >> run:
> >> make
> >> make modules_prepare
> >> make modules_install
> >> INSTALL drivers/hwmon/it87.ko
> >>
> >> add "it87" to modules.conf
> >>
> >> but running: /etc/init.d/modules-load restart
> >> does not restart the module.
> >>
> >> Do I need to restart the box, this procedure work on a different
> >> box without restart.
> >>

> > What is the correct module name? It does not have to match the file
> > name.
>
> I compile this as module:
>
> CONFIG_SENSORS_IT87=m
>
> I did the same on my other computer, add to: /etc/conf.d/modules
> it87
>
> and modules-load restart worked.

You need to fix two things on the affected system:

First, changes to /etc/conf.d/modules affect /etc/init.d/modules but
not /etc/init.d/modules-load.

Then, fix your syntax: You're overwriting the modules= assignment with
each line.

Your changes have no effect because you are confusing yourself (and
even others here):

1. There a module autoloader and depmod, modules may be autoloaded
2. There's modules-load and modules
3. Each have their own config file and init script
4. Use the correct pair of config/init script when doing changes

--
Regards,
Kai

Replies to list-only preferred.