Hi guys,

I am compiling RISC-V tools...I am just curious how do you manage your
manually compiled software? Here are some options:

1) Just "make install" everything into /usr/local. But if the Makefile
does not have removing option, how do you remove it then?

2) Put compiled software into /usr/local/some-dir, then create symbolic
links to /usr/local/some-path. But this does not work if the software
relies on some environment variables (well, you can set it in .bashrc
but it then loses flexibility).

3) Just install it anywhere and change PATH. To be honest, I don't
really like this way because changing the PATH requires extra actions,
e.g. open another terminal.

Any idea?

Danny