On Tue, 16 May 2017 04:58:44 +0200
Kai Krakow <hurikha...@gmail.com> wrote:

> If this is the underlying (and perfectly legitimate) problem, you need
> to deploy a solution that's most easy for your users and not for you.
> That may involve a custom transfer solution where they simply can drop
> files to. The underlying technology is then up to you: Use what is
> appropriate.

If users have difficulty with keyboard/mouse, but you find a client
that's to their liking, but they're not necessarily capable of
configuring for your service, it might be possible to find a "config
file" for that client which they can fetch over plain ol' http:// with
whatever tools they usually use for downloading http:// things.

If the program they use doesn't have a "launcher config thinger" but
can be imagined to use whatever transfer technology you choose ( ssh ),
and you don't fancy writing a dedicated client, it could be simpler to
write an installer for them, which configures their existing client for
your service.

But I'd imagine lots of confusion is emanating from this list due to
the requirements not being entirely clear/obvious.