On Mon, 2017-05-22 at 16:09 +0200, Hogren wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Very simple question but did you have "pam" in your global USE flag
> or
> Systemd USE flag ?

Yes, I am using the gnome/systemd profile:

# euse -I pam
global use flags (searching: pam)
no matching entries found

local use flags (searching: pam)
[+  D   ] pam (net-dialup/ppp):
Enables PAM (Pluggable Authentication Modules) support

[+  D   ] pam (sys-apps/util-linux):
build runuser helper

# euse -I systemd
global use flags (searching: systemd)
No matching entries found

local use flags (searching: systemd)
[+  D   ] systemd (gnome-extra/gnome-system-monitor):
Display sys-apps/systemd metadata, e.g. unit names, for running
processes

[+  D   ] systemd (media-sound/pulseaudio):
Build with sys-apps/systemd support to replace standalone ConsoleKit.

[+  D   ] systemd (sys-apps/accountsservice):
Use sys-apps/systemd instead of sys-auth/consolekit for session
tracking

[+  D   ] systemd (sys-apps/busybox):
Support systemd

[+  D   ] systemd (sys-apps/dbus):
Build with sys-apps/systemd at_console support

[+  D   ] systemd (sys-auth/pambase):
Use pam_systemd module to register user sessions in the systemd control
group hierarchy.

[+  D   ] systemd (sys-auth/polkit):
Use sys-apps/systemd instead of sys-auth/consolekit for session
tracking

[+  D   ] systemd (sys-fs/udisks):
Support sys-apps/systemd's logind

# grep USE= /etc/portage/make.conf
USE="-bluetooth -cups -cdr -dvd -dvdr -fortran -games -ipv6 -kde -libav
-modemmanager -ppp -qt -qt3 -qt4 -shotwell -wifi"

> If this is on the first, did you compile systemd and may be
> dependencies
> after add it ?

I'm not sure I understood the question: the box was initially
LXDE/OpenRC; I installed and booted into systemd and got the system up
again; then I installed Gnome and removed LXDE.
Out of ideas I also recently did an 'emerge -e world'.

> Did you try that:
>
> > systemctl reset-failed|
> > For a guy on github, that solve (without explanation) the problem:
> >
> > https://github.com/coreos/bugs/issues/1498|

I just tried it and also the other tip mentioned in the bug
(modification in the /etc/pam.d/systemd-user), no change.

raffaele