On Wed, 24 May 2017 15:45:45 +0300
Andrew Savchenko <birc...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> - smaller CPU overhead: not every i/o is being compressed, e.g. if
> there is sill enough RAM available it is used without compression
> overhead as usual, but if memory is not enough, swapped out pages
> are being compressed instead of swapping out to disk;

I found the opposite problem somehow. CPU started becomming frequently pegged
in zswap for no obvious reason, while the underlying IO that zswap was doing
was only measurable in kb/s , far, far, far below the noise thresholds and
by no means a strain on even my crappy spinning rust based swap.

And to add to that, zswap introduced general protection faults and kernel
panics.

So nah, I'm glad I turned that off, it was a huge mistake.