Grant Edwards wrote:
> Starting a few months back, I've noticed that on some of my machines,
> Firefox has started to use rediculous amounts of CPU and memory. It
> will burn 100% of a CPU for minutes at a time while apparently doing
> nothing.  Opening 2-3 tabs will use up 1-2 GB of RAM.  Doing the same
> thing thing in Chrome uses 0% CPU (once pages are rendered) and less
> that 1/10 the RAM.
>
> I've got the same version of Firefox with the same set of extensions
> on other machines that don't seem to have issues.
>
> Is there any useful troubleshooting one can do (e.g. uninstalling
> extensions one at a time)?  Or is it finally time to give up on
> Firefox?

I would start here:  about:about  There you should have these:

about:addons-memory

about:memory

about:performance

One of those may shed some light or lead to something.  I hope anyway.
In the past, I've found that sometimes two add-ons can clash and one or
the other has to be disabled to correct this until that add-on is fixed.

Dale

:-)  :-)