On 2017-06-16, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2017-06-16, Ian Zimmerman <i...@primate.net> wrote:
>
>> The last time I tried MTP was on Debian maybe 2 years ago or 3 years,
>> using the jmtpfs package.  IIRC this was what happened; yes, I could see
>> individual files, but only certain types, and only in certain
>> directories.
>
> Interesting.  I just tried it on my Moto G, and it appears that I see
> absolutely everything, but now it's only the SD card.  The last time I
> tried it (probably almost a year ago), I saw the internal storage
> also.  All I ever want to transfer is to/from the SD card, so it's
> still good enough for me, but it doesn't work the way you want it to
> (which is how it used to work).

At least it's not just me:

https://forums.androidcentral.com/moto-x-pure-edition/622358-6-0-marshmallow-internal-memory-storage-does-not-show-up-when-connected-laptop-via-usb.html

This seems to be how Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) works if you've
formatted your SD card for 'Internal' use and opted to "migrate" your
data to it.  The internal flash is no longer made available via MTP.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! My EARS are GONE!!
                                  at