Mike Gilbert <flop...@gentoo.org> writes:

[...]

Mike wrote:

> Harry made no mention of GRUB Legacy in his original email. I assume
> he was upgrading from grub-2.02~beta3 to grub-2.02.

You are correct.. `emerge world' made some kind of upgrade/update to
grub2 which I've been using a fair good while.  The install process
ended with some kind of heads up.  I didn't keep the wording emerge
used but it made me think I might aught to redo actually installing
into /dev/sda and grub/grub.cfg... hence my question

You mentioned the version change.. but I didn't bother to investigate
what the change really was.

I spent a good bit of time, about 7/8 mnths ago, fearing the switch
just when I had become at least sort of competent with legacy grub
after years of use, and knew squat about grub 2.  Finally braved up
and discovered it was really very easy to get thru.