> On 17 Jul 2017, at 03:14, Walter Dnes <waltd...@waltdnes.org> wrote:
>
> On Mon, Jul 17, 2017 at 01:43:46AM +0100, Stroller wrote
>> This system is headless, but I have x11-wm/xpra installed on it so I can run
>> X11 apps remotely.
>>
>> Recent emerges of world have been failing at media-libs/mesa
>>
>> All I can make out is that it's a problem with gallium. The current
>> version of mesa appears to have gallium enabled, though.
>>
>> I know nothing about mesa, not even really what it's for, so I don't
>> know if I should just try disabling gallium and trying again.
>
>  I've got 17.0.6 building and running fine, under GCC 6.3.0 (YES !),
> without gallium.  I suggest trying "-gallium" in make.conf.  Here's my
> mesa "pretend build" output...
>
> [ebuild   R    ] media-libs/mesa-17.0.6::gentoo  USE="bindist classic dri3
> egl gbm gles2 nptl -d3d9 -debug -gallium -gles1 -llvm -opencl -openmax
> -osmesa -pax_kernel -pic (-selinux) -vaapi -valgrind -vdpau -vulkan -wayland
> -xa -xvmc" VIDEO_CARDS="i915 intel (-freedreno) -i965 -imx -nouveau -r100
> -r200 -r300 -r600 -radeon -radeonsi (-vc4) (-vivante) -vmware" 0 KiB

llvm depends on gallium, I think, as emerging with USE="-gallium" throws an
error of that nature.

Emerging with USE="-gallium -llvm" works, but I was pleased with the solution
provided by IceAmber, as it allows me to update mesa with the default flags
(i.e. with those enabled).

Since I don't use X11 much I feel happier using the default flags wherever
possible (irrational of me, perhaps), unless they pull in too many dependencies.

I appreciate all the help,

Stroller.