On 2017-07-28 22:31, Ста Деюс wrote:

> Why bash script (the install script), that works in "Debian", does not
> work on "Gentoo" install CD, giving me syntax errors (basically related

There was a bug in historic versions of bash, where it got confused if the
POSIX syntax for command expansion, that is $( ) , occurred within a
case statement.  I don't know which version it was where it got fixed,
but I think it wasn't before 4.*.  So what versions of bash do you have
on either system?   If they aren't the same, something like this is
probably the answer.