On 07/29 01:05, v...@ukr.net wrote:
> On Sat, 29 Jul 2017 10:58:50 +0200
> tu...@posteo.de wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > to display tracking informations (abondomed delivery) to an oversea
> > seller I need to screenshot a dropdown menu.
> > Unfortunately this dropdown menu only drops down when touched with
> > the mouse pointer.
> > This in turn prohibis any other action with the mourse (changeing
> > the window for example). The only chance I see is hitting any
> > magical key combo, which is not part of firefox shortcut.
> >
> > Long blabla ... short question:
> > Is there any screenshooter available which can be fully
> > handled via *configurable* keyboad shortcuts?
> >
> I can suggest a somewhat different approach. You may execute this
> command in the terminal (requires ImageMagick, which is rather
> ubiquitous):
>
> sleep 3 && import -window root output.png
>
> which will grab the entire screen after 3 seconds and save the image
> into 'output.png'. This way you can open any menu and choose any
> element of the menu _before_ the 'import' command gets executed.
>
> You could also play with parameters a bit. For example, you could
> extend the waiting time if you need. You could also redirect the output
> to the 'display' command (also from ImageMagick) in order to check the
> screenshot out before saving it to file (it is possible to save file
> from the 'display''s menu):
>
> sleep 3 && import -window root - | display
>
> So, this is not exactly what you asked (no control via hotkeys),
> however, the task of assigning the hotkeys may be solved separately.
> For example, the XFCE and JWM desktops (as well as virtually any
> desktop environment out there) let one assign the custom hotkeys for
> any commands. So it is easy to link the commands I suggested above to
> any hotkeys you want. I use it in JWM a lot.
>
> I hope, my suggestion is useful.
> Regards,
>     Vladimir
>
> -----
>  <v...@ukr.net>

Hi Vladimir,

thanks for suggestions! :)

Yes...in this case the task to accomplish is more important, than
the way to do it! :)

I didn't know, that even imagemagick is able to shoot screens. ;)

My "dream" of a screenshot generator would be something of the
features and functionality of "Greenshot" -- unfortunately it
is windows only -- and I dont want windows.

Cheers
Meino