On 29 July 2017 at 12:03, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckin...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Don't use kmail
>
> Seriously, why are putting up with the pain that POS is causing you?
> You've been posting about serious kmail and akonadi issues for about 4
> years now if memory serves, and it has never gotten better. It probably
> never will :-)
>
> It must be well more than 4 years.  What can I say, you are right, I must
be glutton for punishment. LOL!

TBH, it has been serving me fine for quite a few years now, although the
migration to akonadi was a painful affair by all accounts.  This was
originally caused by me using POP3 and a tonne of filters.  I moved to
IMAP4 and few filters and it all worked relatively painlessly since.

This however must be a postgresql related error, as it worked fine before I
removed version 9.5.  Any idea what this "Invalid database object during
initial database connection" might be and how to recover from it?
--
Regards,
Mick