David Eduardo Gómez Noguera schreef:
> Hi. I have a problem where gnome is using POSIX locale in my user. I
>  start gnome from entrance, and gnome-terminal gives me, when I run
> locale,
>
> LANG= LC_CTYPE="POSIX" LC_NUMERIC="POSIX" LC_TIME="POSIX"
> LC_COLLATE="POSIX" LC_MONETARY="POSIX" LC_MESSAGES="POSIX"
> LC_PAPER="POSIX" LC_NAME="POSIX" LC_ADDRESS="POSIX"
> LC_TELEPHONE="POSIX" LC_MEASUREMENT="POSIX" LC_IDENTIFICATION="POSIX"
>  LC_ALL=
>
> even after: $ export LC_ALL=en_US.utf8 LANG=en_US.utf8 $
> gnome-terminal
>
> I can't type any latin characters or use im-ja either

Have you tried another terminal (like xterm)?  What version of
GNOME/gnome-terminal?

> I also run WindowMaker, and subsequently I run gnome-settings-daemon,
>  when I do this I have no problem.

OK, so when you run gnome-settings-daemon, it all works fine, but when
you... don't?... it does not?

So what WM/DE are you using when gnome-settings-daemon does not run at
login? If GNOME, then something is wrong. If anything other than GNOME,
the solution seems clear; run gnome-settings-daemon when logging into
that WM/DE.

HTH,
Holly