Hi,

I'm trying to boot my Itanium gear with the current minimal installer ISO [1] on CDROM but so far had no success at all. I also tested the oldest of the minimal installer ISOs [2] still available, also without success. For both my rx4640 and rx2660 I get the following output when trying to boot from the internal DVD (its access LED lights up shortly):

```
Load of Internal Bootable DVD failed: Not Found
Press any key to continue
```

I've burned these ISOs with Brasero 3.10.0 on Ubuntu 14.04 and I can access the contents of the CDROMs there too. I could even extract the included kernel and initrd (and include the squashfs image) - following and slightly adapting the howto on [3] for Itanium - and boot them, but sadly couldn't get to the point where I could start the installation process. I either did something wrong during the extraction and creation process of initrd and initrd plus squashfs image, or the howto does not work as intended for Itanium machines.

The machines seem to work correctly using a Debian Wheezy based NFS root and were also able to boot the Debian 7.11 installer ISO on DVD for Itanium without an issue though, hence I don't think this is a problem of the machines or their DVD drives.

Does anybody have an idea, what could be wrong? And can somebody confirm that these ISOs - when burned to CDROMs - work on rx4640 or rx2660 or similar machines?

Cheers,
Frank

[1]: http://distfiles.gentoo.org/releases/ia64/autobuilds/20170810/install-ia64-minimal-20170810.iso

[2]: http://distfiles.gentoo.org/releases/ia64/autobuilds/20170627/install-ia64-minimal-20170627.iso