Just followed a link (from the Beagle site) back to packages.gentoo.org,
where I was supposedly going to see what versions of app-misc/beagle (as
opposed to sci-libs/beagle) are available in Portage.

None are (which was what I had thought), but the 'search failed' page
was a bit unusual:

Sorry, dude. I could not find that package.

Information on the package you requested could not be found. Be sure to
check the packages.gentoo.org main page

"Sorry, dude"? Dude???!!!

as long as there is no 'sex identifier' sent by the browser, you have to live with that - but I bet, as soon as it is possible to seperate men and women by their browser string, you will greetet with a 'Sorry, duderina' ;)
Or is it dudette?

I don't know how this compares but in (the north of) NZ "bro" is good for both sexes now (at least for the <30s). I guess "dude" has some male connotations for me but pretty slight really... I guess the RFLS will still have a go because something starts is lexical life with a gender specific meaning but there we go!
I think it's sweet as bro.
Cheers
Antoine