On Tue, Aug 29, 2017 at 9:55 AM, Stroller
<strol...@stellar.eclipse.co.uk> wrote:

>> On 29 Aug 2017, at 14:19, Rich Freeman <ri...@gentoo.org> wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Aug 29, 2017 at 8:52 AM, Stroller
>> <strol...@stellar.eclipse.co.uk> wrote:
>>>
>>> Any recommendations for a simple NTP client?
>>>

>> systemd-timedated?
>>
>> /me ducks...
>
> Sounds good, actually.
>
> Will try to remember it for my next system, but these are both openRC.

Well, in all seriousness the reason systemd included it is that one of
their goals is to provide a simple client-only version of everything
(time, dhcp, etc).  So, in that sense it fits the bill perfectly.
However, I suspect it wouldn't be practical to use unless you're
already running systemd.  I wouldn't be surprised if it communicates
over dbus/etc and isn't intended to be used standalone.

--
Rich