On Fri, Sep 15, 2017 at 4:03 AM, Radoje Stojisic
<radoje.stoji...@posteo.de> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am interested in doing something too. Do you talk about GPU Pass-through?
> Few months ago I wanted to try it myself but I own a Ryzen 1800x and just
> one GPU. Is there a way with only one GPU?

That depends what you want to do. I'm going to assume what you
actually want is a 3D capable OpenGL provider in your VM.

If you have an Intel GPU, you can use VT-g to share it with virtual
machines. On Linux this is fairly recent development and I personally
have not had time to experiment with it. This functionality has,
surprisingly, been available on Windows for some time. Also available
on Windows is the ability to pool GPUs and allow virtual machines
computation time on them.

However, that doesn't work on Linux (yet), so the only alternative to
VT-g is VGA passthrough which requires another GPU.

> Or do I really need 2GPUs and 2 Keyboard/Mouse?

You don't need two keyboards and mice.

However, in the typical setup, when you pass your keyboard and mouse
to the virtual machine, you will be unable to interact with your host
machine. For a lot of users this might be fine. If QEMU crashes the
devices should be released to the host, but if the machine becomes
unresponsive you will have to wait or perform a hard reset.

Another option is to view your machine (Linux or Windows) with remote
desktop software. I personally prefer this one because it doesn't
require you to have a duplicate set of hardware. With Windows, RDP
provides better host/guest integration than anything else.

Taiidan recommended a separate USB controller for the guest. This can
be very helpful but also isn't necessary. You can pass specific USB
ports to a guest. (I have to test this with hotplugging but it looks
like it should work.)

Cheers,
     R0b0t1