On 2017-10-08, Mick <michaelkintz...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Your compiler is barfing at something, but I'm no coder to know what this
> might be.  In a Gentoo context, I'd start by checking you have installed and
> switched to sys-devel/gcc-5.4.0-r3 which is the latest stable version and at
> least here compiled and installed firefox-52.4.0 on 4 PCs without a problem.

It turns out that over the past week or so, there have been several
_different_ firefox ebuilds released.  One of them was broken:

  Version 52.4.0 (Oct 3) was OK.

  Version 52.4.0 (Oct 7) was broken.

  Version 52.4.0 (Oct 9) is OK.

You (and I) had successfully installed the Oct 3 version of 52.4.0,
but when I tried to install the Oct 7 version of 52.4.0, it failed.
The Oct 9 version is supposed to be fixed. I don't really see how you
can repeatedly release new versions of something without changing the
version number, but maybe that's just me...

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! Being a BALD HERO
                                  at               is almost as FESTIVE as a