On Friday, 13 October 2017 04:20:19 BST tu...@posteo.de wrote:
> Hi,
>
> in a video I saw someone using a neat little commandline tool (no gui)
> called 'qcalc', with which he performs some interesting calculations.
>
> I searched the web for it and found this link
> https://state-machine.com/qtools/qcalc.html#qcalc_linux
> but it is another type of calculator and it has a gui.
>
> Does someone knows of this commandline tool and what
> package/archive/... it is contained in?
>
> Thanks a lot for any help in advance!
> Cheers
> Meino

Have a look at GNU bc.

$ bc
bc 1.06.95
Copyright 1991-1994, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2004, 2006 Free Software Foundation,
Inc.
This is free software with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
For details type `warranty'.
3+5
8
sqrt(16)
4
quit
$

man bc shows the capabilities of this calculator which significantly exceed
mine and reminds me why I should have paid more attention at school.  :-p

--
Regards,
Mick