On 10/13/05, Alexey Asprov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi again,

I have 10G HD which I would like to use for my new LVM2 install
following this guide:
http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/lvm2.xml

I've decided to go with this doc using my physical partitions for /boot
/swap and / and give the rest to LVM.

So partitions /usr /home /opt /var /tmp will be using LVM
I will also use JFS filesystems on all of them, except /swap offcourse.

What is your suggestions regarding how much space to give to each?

Your replies are appreciated as always.

And yes, I know that my drive is small and old and I can shrink and expand
those in the future, but, theoretically, this is developement laptop and
I want to use it.

I have a 120GB drive with a 32M /boot a /10 GB / and the rest of the disk dedicated to /home. The setup works wonderfully for me. I have about 5 kernels in /boot and I'm not really pressing the limits of the space.

-Mike

--
Michael E. Crute

Linux, because reboots are for installing hardware.
"In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and gates?"