Am Montag, 23. Oktober 2017, 18:45:18 CEST schrieb Mick:

> [...]
> Perhaps I'm missing something, but isn't using a new vanilla FF profile as
> good as it needs to be to protect your privacy in this use case?  Facebook
> will not be able to collect cookies from your previous life or anything
> else, because this will be a new fresh profile.  Store it on /tmp/Facebook/
> and it will be cleared out next time you reboot.  Fingerprinting will show
> a new FF vanilla profile, your OS, etc., but I guess this is innocuous
> enough.  It goes without saying you should not use Adobe Flash.  If you do
> 'rm -Rf ~/.adobe/ Flash_Player/' before and after.
> [...]
Hi, I add using firefox --new-instance --profile[…] with firejail just to
block firefox’ legitimate[1] access to ~. It could still read the whole
~/.mozilla with the default profile, but even that can be restricted with
some tweaking.

As far as I understand facebook’s major business model is to gather
information that were more or less willingly uploaded, at least not through an
exploit in classical sense. Breaking out of firejail through X is possible
[citation needed..], but I hope that facebook’s manager think it would push
users away.

In general, I don’t know what a custom user agent, and disabling general
privacy threatening stuff[2] in firefox does for good, as most of it would
just be useful to identify you *again* - a thing that you already provide
yourself by logging in.

[1] This might be discussable at all as webbrowsers are quite complex
nowadays, but this leads to a whole new discussion.

[2] https://privacytools.io is a neat site with much information about e.g.
firefox’ modifications to disable stuff like JS battery status information.
Yep, that exists :)
https://www.privacytools.io/#about_config should link directly to the specific
subsection.

--
GPG fingerprint: '00EF D31F 1B60 D5DB ADB8 31C1 C0EC E696 0E54 475B'
Nils Freydank