On Fri, Oct 20, 2017 at 3:28 AM, john <j...@jdm.myzen.co.uk> wrote:

> I have set up some containers with LXD which have been running fine up
> to about a week ago.
>
> cgmanager no longer works as it crashes out and when I connect to
> containers:-
>
> systemctl
> Failed to connect to bus: No such file or directory
>
> which also causes network to fail.
>
> My belief is that lxd now relies on systemd to do the cgmanager part.
> I don't want to install systemd as this is a Gentoo box.
>
> Can anyone see a way round this or a config option which may help.

cgmanager was an Ubuntu project and it was abandoned when Ubuntu chose
to migrate to systemd [1]. The README on [2] says "Please note that
the CGManager project has been deprecated in favor of using the
kernel's CGroup Namespace or lxcfs' simulated cgroupfs." I don't know
what the "in favor of" means or how to take advantage of those two
options, but maybe there's a solution in there.

[1] https://s3hh.wordpress.com/2016/06/18/whither-cgmanager/

[2] https://github.com/lxc/cgmanager